Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Now Begins a Journey, to the Land of Concentration and Loudness

So ive been going on for years now on a personal mission to own every console and have a healthy selection of games for each system i own.
I have accomplished this lifelong goal of mine.
To any standard nerd this is a dream come true. To msot normal people this is a bit excessive. To a person like me: Why the hell did i do it?

First let me bring you back a small ways: I never grew up with money. With me i owned 1 console per generation (try as i might), so i had to make the right decisions, and i only had a paltry selection of my own games to choose from. Otherwise i was renting.
Some nights while others would dream about naked women riding around on scooters while doing gymnasi- sorry those were still mine, but meanwhile i dreamt one day i would choose a generation to own every system within. Then id go back to dreaming about naked women on scooters.

Back to the point, i do now own everything. Xbox360 Premium w/ Gold Live account, Playstation 3 80GB, Wii, PSP Slim, and DS Fatty. All 5 current generation mainstream systems sit atop and below my TV on a daily basis. Begging for me to use them to help justify the thousands of dollars i saw beside me. And thus i would.

So here i am now, an aspiring animator who needs practice, a game designer who needs time, and in about 2 weeks time ill be the proud owner of a new drum kit.
Where does gaming fit in? Here the thing: I wont let it.

Ive decided for the greater good of myself, to lock away about 98% of my games, all my previous-gen systems, and leave only the Wii and PS3 out, with 1 game per system.
On the PS3 ill leave GTA4 out, and with the Wii im leaving Okami out.
the 360, its games, and everytghing below gets put away for an unspecified amount of time.

Whats the point of all this? Concentration. I cant guarantee myself itll be liek the old days, where becaus ei didn't have much in the way of gaming, id say to myself "K im gonna open flash and continue to work on Transparent, i only got 1 more week for that deadline" but any facet of that back is more welcome than anything ive been trying so far.

So the deal is this: cutting back about 80% of my gaming habbit, putting fourth effort on doing animations, learning the Drums, and continuing to do the best job i can with the Silver Creek team.


I hope this works >_> otherwise im hopeless, ill be documenting my experience in this blog, making it yet another "Adventure" in something.

on a lighter note, heres the drum kit i puchased, jsut gotta wait 2 weeks for its arrival :D




if i had a tail, itd be wagigng so hard itd knock people out >_>im SUPER stoked for this.



Im going to rip off my little brother's idea for his blog and do a "Song of the Day" thing, not-sponsored in part by YouTube, Vimeo, etc. But itll be a ":Video of the Day" thing


No comments:

Post a Comment